Sunday, February 23, 2014
Sunday Service Summed up.
Howdy! It's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon and I just got home from church about 15 minutes ago. Mom and Dad are making lunch, which is spaghetti. We have a tradition of eating it on Sundays for lunch. I'm starving! I'll start off writing about what I learned in Sunday school. Sue Martin was the teacher. She and Daniel Kromminga alternate every other month. Our lesson, or session, as they call it, was called "Forever Trusting." There are three points to each session. Point one was that because of our adoption, we trust God will never abandon us, and the verse that went with it was Psalm 94:14 "The Lord will not forsake His people of abandon His heritage." In that point, we talked about how God, our Father, is omnipresent (everywhere), omniscient (all knowing), and omnipotent (all powerful). Nothing can separate us from His love, not trouble, not hardship, not nakedness, not danger, not the sword, not death, life, angels, demons, present, future, powers, height, death, nor anything else in creation (see Romans 8:35-39). Point two was that God will help us endure. The verse that went with this was Hebrews 3:14 "For we have become companions of the Messiah if we hold firmly until the end thee reality that we had at the start." The Lord gives us many warnings to keep us, His children, from the danger of falling away. He gives us promises to strengthen our faith and lead us to His reward. As children of God, we may fall into times of sin, but if we are truly believers, God will not forsake us. But if someone says they are a Christian but keeps on sinning, they need to be warned in case they got caught up in the false hope when they have none after all. Point three was that God will fulfill His promises. The verse for this was, Philippians 3:12 "Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." The knowledge that he was secure in salvation caused Paul the Apostle to forget what was behind and strain toward what was ahead. Faith is not stale and passive, but persevering and active. As we trust in God's promises to hold us and we find it our mission to share the Gospel. The mark of our salvation is our perseverance and perseverance is a sign of God's faithfulness and love. So, that was my Sunday school all summed up. I missed the service because Christina, Molly, and I had nursery together. Let's just say it got just a little out of control once in a while. We all agreed it would have been better to have an adult with us. That was my Sunday. By the way, while I've been writing this, lunch has been finished, and I'm listening to Dad read Lord of the Rings. Adios amigos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment