- Always begin with prayer. Ask God to open your eyes to see the treasures He's hidden.
- Look for something specific as you read, such as promises from God, character traits, wisdom, etc.
- Look for Jesus in every passage. Example: 2 Kings 17:1-23 topic: The Northern Kingdom destroyed. Christ connection: Israel had sinned against God therefore He turned away from them. Jesus took our punishment upon Himself so that those who trust in Him can be reconciled with God.
- Have a notebook open beside you and a pencil in your hand as you read to record thoughts and comments.
- Underline verses in your Bible that stand out to you.
- If there is something you don't understand about something you read, ask your parents about it.
Friday, February 28, 2014
Tips for Bible Study
Recently I have come to realize that Bible study is not just skimming over a section of my Bible for two minutes every morning. Since I'm reading the Old Testament, that's an easy thing to do, especially since I don't understand half what I'm reading, let alone how it will apply to me! I've realized though that even the parts of the Old Testament that I don't get are important and have something to say, why else would they be in the Bible? There are a lot of places in the Bible you have to dig deep to find the hidden treasures. Although I have come to this realization, I'm in 2 Chronicles and honestly sometimes it seems hopeless that I'll ever find anything in the chapters I read, but I know there's something hidden there! So, I would like to share some tips for Bible study that I use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment